Brussels is about to host the Grand Départ of the Tour de France, the world’s third biggest sports event!
From 4 to 7 July, the capital will welcome hundreds of thousands of cycling fans and curious spectators from across the globe.
Significant disruption should be expected, but Brussels is still open.
Full details on how to get around the capital from 4 to 7 July are available on https://granddepart.mobilite-mobiliteit.brussels/en
PREPARE YOUR ITINERARY IN ADVANCE
Street closures and parking bans (also announced by road signs) :
- City of Brussels : https://www.scribblemaps.com/maps/view/Tour_de_France_Polbru
- Other municipalities in the Brussels-Capital Region : please contact your municipality or police zone
- Thursday 04.07 : 2 PM > 8 PM
- Saturday 06.07 : 7 AM > 8 PM
- Sunday 07.07 : 6 AM > 8 PM
The course of the stages is picked up by Waze and Google Maps.
BICYCLE / STEP
Bicycle and e-scooter hire from various websites and apps: Villo!, Blue Bike, Bike Citizens, Billy, Uber Jump, Scooty, Lime, Tier, Dott or Flash.
BICYCLE PARKING : De Brouckère, Bourse and also at the departure and arrival Saturday 06 and Sunday 07.07.
Bike associations :
– Fietsersbond (association de cyclistes) : www.fietsersbond.be ?
– Gracq (association de cyclistes)?: www.gracq.org
– Pro Velo?: www.provelo.org/fr
– CyCLO : www.cyclo.org
– Les ateliers de la rue Voot?: www.voot.be/velo
The Waterbus is a perfect alternative to get from Vilvoorde to Brussels and from Brussels back to Vilvoorde : https://www.waterbus.eu/en/